Maybe I’m late to the party, but I’ve finally figured out Google Books. A surprising number of books are available in “preview” mode, meaning you can review nearly the entire volume online. It’s great to page through books without leaving the air-conditioned comfort of home. Many of the previews are so complete, you (almost) wonder why someone would buy the book….
Interesting culinary tomes available in preview mode I found on Google Books:
- Big Green Egg’s new cookbook
- Master baker Peter Reinhart’s Crust & Crumb
- Dorie Greenspan’s Paris Sweets
- John Besh’s My New Orleans
- Michael Ruhlman’s Ratio: the Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking
- Bienvenue, Brasseaux, and Brasseaux’s Stir the Pot: the History of Cajun Cuisine
- Leon Soniat’s La Bouche Creole
Sadly, the one book I covet most (Carol Field’s The Italian Baker) isn’t available in preview mode. I’m too cheap to pay the sky-high used prices for this classic, so I was really hoping to see it online….