Just a short stretch remains to finish holiday shopping. Here are a few last-minute food & kitchen-related gift ideas, in case you need inspiration:
- John Boos’ iBlock: a combination mobile device stand and cutting board, in your choice of maple, cherry, or walnut. It comes with plastic protective sleeves for your iPad, and the cutting board features cut-outs for easy lifting and transport. The base holds your mobile device and also stores the cutting board while not in use. Read more about it here.
- Zingerman’s Bacon of the Month Club. Exactly what it sounds like: a monthly delivery of artisanal bacons from around the country. Suitable for everyone (okay, not for those keeping kosher or vegetarians. But everyone else, yes). Zingerman’s has a variety of monthly food gift clubs, ranging from breads and pastry to exotic international foods.
- For the people who can’t or won’t do bacon, how about Blanca Isabel purple rice? Bred and grown in Louisiana, it is packed with anti-oxidants. The purplish-black color (when raw) cooks into a nice lavender shade. Blanca Isabel is sold locally at Rouse’s Supermarkets.
- A cast iron skillet. Your local hardware store probably sells Lodge brand skillets. For around $20, you can give an instant heirloom.
- Or, if you’re flush with cash, order a custom, $500 silver-lined copper skillet, engraved with the recipient’s name, made a single artisan in a tiny village in France. It is guaranteed to surprise the proverbial person who has everything…
‘Tis the season, my friends: go forth and give.