It is August, so it is officially too hot to go outside. Correspondingly, I offer a short list of air-conditioned, heat-rejecting, food-related activities on the horizon for your consideration:
- Learn to create your own personal cookbook at the Southern Food & Beverage Museum’s workshop this Saturday, August 6th.
- Take yourself out for a nice lunch or dinner; a long list of restaurants are participating in the COOLinary New Orleans promotion, offering two courses for $20 (at lunch) or three courses for $35 (at dinner). Take your pick from 50 different venues, offering choices from seafood to Italian to Creole and everything in between.
- Sign up for the Summer Beer Series at St. James Cheese Company. These Wednesday classes pair 6 different craft beers with 6 different cheeses. Read more about cheese classes at the St. James blog.
- Go to Asian Gourmet Market (3239 Williams Blvd, Kenner, LA) and buy Japanese ice cream novelties. Pig out while sampling an array of ice-cream mochi; way more fun than an ordinary snowball….
- Refrigerated boiled crabs. Aw, yeah. You know it.
How are you beating the heat this August?