Chef Pete Vazquez, of the late, lamented Marisol Restaurant, is back in New Orleans. He’s tweaked the menu at Mimi’s Restaurant (10160 Jefferson Highway, 504.737.6464) in River Ridge, expanding it from the Creole Italian classics to include regional Italian favorites with the expected Chef Pete twists. New dinner items include:
- Fritto di Moleche – Crispy Softshell Crab with White Clam Risotto
- Gnocchi di Parigi – House-made Gnocchi sauteed with Escargot, Prosciutto, and Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Housemade Penne Pasta with Tasso, Lobster, and Cheese ‘al Forno’
- Piedmont Style Filet – with Truffled Fontina Potato Puree & Marsala Mushroom Sauce
- Classic Veal Piccata
- Duckling Milanese – Indiana Duck Breast with Braised Duck Raviolis and Hunter’s Sauce
Mimi’s is open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays and serves dinner Tuesdays through Saturdays.