In the spirit of my recent post Random Stuff I Like, I offer another short list: Random Stuff I Really Don’t Like….
- Pasta jambalaya: who dreamed this up? Blech. Out of respect for both rice and pasta, y’all just stick to rice-based jambalaya, please.
- Overly thick burgers: a too-thick patty throws off a burger’s essential balance, usually leads to disintegrating-bun-syndrome (where your last five or six bites are completely bunless), and is plain ol’ hard to eat unless your jaw hinges like a cobra’s.
- Oatmeal, unless it’s in cookie form.
- Sweet pickle relish: dill relish is far superior, and chopped cornichons are even better.
- Cheap jarred mayonnaise: what is the funky, synthetic processed vegetable oil odor given off by soybean-oil mayo?
More stuff I really don’t like includes cheap “fudge” coating masquerading as real chocolate (an ever-present Halloween season danger), desserts & pastries decorated with edible glitter or luster dust, the omnipresent fried chicken tender, and instant iced tea.